Parks' Plumbing Flood Control Services in Chicago North Park
Chicago North Park, IL Flood Control, Sewer, Drain, and Plumbing Services
Enter Your Information below or call
Flooding is a big issue in Chicago’s North Park neighborhood. The latest was in 2013 after major storms hit the area. Like most Chicago, there are no reservoirs, and with the density of buildings, streets, and parking lots, there is very little green space to absorb or slow down the onslaught of water in a heavy rain. The proximity to the Chicago River North Branch and the North Shore Channel also affeact North Park. Because the city of Chicago has a combined storm and sanitary system, it means that every time there’s a serious rainstorm, sewers can backup, and people get water and worse in their basements. Parks’ Plumbing & Sewer, Inc. has been providing flood control systems, including sewer backflow valves and overhead sewers to Chicago’s North Park since 1981. Call today and protect your valuables and home.
About Chicago North Park, Illinois
Chicago’s North Park is located about 7 miles northwest of the Loop. North Park currently borders the North Shore Channel on the east, the Chicago River’s North Branch and Foster Avenue on the south, CIcero Avenue on the west, and Devon Avenue on the north.
Originally a Swedish community and later a stronghold of Orthodox Jews, it more recently has been adopted by newer American immigrants, from Latinos to Middle Easterners, Koreans and Central Europeans (Poles). It is part of the 60625 and 60659 zip codes. North Park received its name from North Park University that built the Old Main building in 1894 along Foster Avenue west of Kedzie, on the north side of the river. Further north is the campus of Northeastern Illinois University, which opened in 1961. Other major land uses include two large cemeteries, LaBagh Woods forest preserve, Preston Pulaski Industrial Park, and North Park Village, which includes housing, park facilities, and a nature center.
North Park is in Jefferson Township, which was annexed into Chicago in 1889.